Java Platform Team
I work on Java infrastructure internally at Google.
Technical Lead, Engineering Practices
Technical lead for developer productivity, development tools, and development processes at YouTube.
Help guide software engineers at YouTube in best practices, lead major refactoring efforts, develop educational programs for engineers, write and review central engineering documentation, lead the development of new engineering tools, and help guide Engineering Productivity efforts.
In 20% time, tech lead a key aspect of Google-wide engineering productivity efforts. Help shape Google's engineering culture and author key Google engineering documentation.
Technical Lead, YouTube on Xbox
Technical Lead in charge of the YouTube for the Xbox 360 product. Developed product from the ground up to an extremely successful launch that was well-loved by users.
Chief Architect, Community Lead, & Release Manager
Primary developer of the well-known Bugzilla Bug Tracking System, used by thousands of organizations worldwide. Contribute or review a significant portion of all the code in the project. Release Manager in charge of coordinating all the administrative details of each version release. Make the majority of technical decisions and design most new features as Assistant Project Lead.
Author & Maintainer
Author of www.fedorafaq.org, the oldest support resource on the Internet for Fedora Linux, receiving up to 120,000 unique visitors a month to the site.
2nd Level Tech Support Engineer
Kerio Technologies, Inc.
Managed Technical Support for the Western Hempisphere as the senior Technical Support engineer. Ultimately responsible for the resolution of all customer problems and bugs.
- Author of Code Simplicity: The Fundamentals of Software, published by O'Reilly Media.
- Author of Code Simplicity, a technical blog about software, with an estimated 2500 subscribers and 10,000 unique visitors a month.
- Delivered many popular tech talks, including The Three Flaws of Software Design, a series with over 80,000 views on YouTube.
- Author of numerous open-source Perl modules, including VCI, Parse::StackTrace, RPC::Any, and Math::Random::Secure.
- Author of numerous Bugzilla extensions, including Sitemap, VCS, and TraceParser.
- Author of the Supybot Bugzilla Plugin, which reports changes from Bugzilla to an IRC channel.
- Windows, Linux, OS X, Android, iOS, Xbox 360
Database Design & Administration
- MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Access
- ISC DHCPd, ISC BIND, Linux iptables, Apache, IIS, Active Directory, Apple Open Directory, SpamAssassin, Postfix, qpsmtpd, Dovecot IMAP
- Python, C#, PHP, Ruby, Java, C / C++, Perl, Shell Scripting (bash)
- CVS, Subversion, Bazaar, Git, Mercurial, Bugzilla
General Software Engineering Skills
- Distributed Systems, Programming Languages, Development Processes, Refactoring, Documentation, Presentation, Curriculum Design, Unit Testing, Test Design, Code Review, Open Source, Cryptographically Secure Psuedo-Random Number Generators, Unicode, API Design